Job Title: Make Ready Operative (MRO)
Location: South Witham Base or any other base that may be required
Remuneration: £7.58 per Hour for 40 hour week (£8.41 for O/T above the x 160 hours per Month on contract)
Accountable to: Station Manager
Minimum requirements: MUST have a full Clean Cat C1 UK driving license in place prior to applying for the role.
You will be responsible as part of the Make Ready Team for the operational preparation and cleaning of all ambulances and vehicles used by the company in a predominantly outdoor environment.
• The preparation and cleaning of all ambulances and vehicles in accordance with the company make ready policies and procedures in regard to infection control.
• The preparation and cleaning of all ambulance and vehicle equipment such as: stretchers, wheelchairs, boards, carry chair, linen, life pack, suction unit and any other equipment on the Ambulances.
• Removal and disposal of any medical or general waste into the relevant waste bag / designated area /point.
• Replenish and issue all ambulances with consumables in accordance with company check sheets and vehicle role prior to operational deployment.
• Identify, record and report all vehicle defects or breakages using the company fault reporting system.
• Follow up any outstanding fault report issues as directed by management.
• Drive ambulances safely and carefully to cleaning /holding locations at the Operations sites.
• Take replacement vehicles out to vehicle breakdowns and help crews change over equipment and wait for recovery vehicle as required
• Complete any other general duties as directed by operational management.
• You will act at all times in the best interests of the company and up hold its reputation.
• All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they may learn relating to their employment, other members of staff and general public.
• You will adhere to the company health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Ensure that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times. This is provided by the company.
• Report in a timely manner any concerns, incidents or near-misses according to Health and Safety Regulations.
• Attend any company statutory training sessions as instructed.
• You will familiarize yourself with company policies and procedures in particular: uniform, vehicle driving, bullying and harassment, health and safety, equality and diversity and infection control.
• Adhere to the Employee Handbook at all times.
This job description reflects the present requirements and objectives of the post, it does not form part of your contract of employment. As the duties of the post change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment, in consultation with the post-holder.