Transporting children and young people with care and in comfort! At Human Touch we believe that all children and young people should be able to travel as independently as possible, in as safe, secure and comfortable a way as is possible.
Our Special Needs Transport Service provides bespoke support for commissioners and individuals in achieving this. You can be totally confident that the care, comfort and safety of the client during the journey is our highest priority.
Journeys may include regular booked appointments, outings and visits, or attendance at schools, colleges or respite care.
We have a wide range of vehicles to ensure that we provide the right one for the right situation and for the individual’s needs. We carry clients in their own wheelchairs, seated or on a stretcher. If clients have special medical needs such as epilepsy, severe allergy or feeding tubes, staff are fully trained to deal with these on an individual client basis.
For added comfort and confidence we encourage carers and a family member to accompany the client if required and for regular contracts, we try to match the crew to a regular client, so that continuity of care is offered.
Our full attention will be given to:
- Restricted mobility
- Life-threatening conditions
- Potentially life threatening conditions
- Significant sensory and/or communication impairment
- Behavioural, emotional and/or social difficulties
- Communication difficulties
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Significant social and/or emotional immaturity in comparison with other children of their age
- Health and safety risks